More than 30 million Americans suffer from venous disease, including varicose veins and a more serious form of venous disease called chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), yet only 1.9 million seek treatment each year.*
Many people endure the discomfort of varicose veins because they don’t know about the recent advances in the minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins. Some individuals have no idea that varicose veins are contributing to their leg discomfort.
Our goal in treating varicose veins is to improve symptoms such as heaviness, aching, burning, and swelling as well as to improve the cosmetic appearance of the leg. As we treat patients early, we prevent the more advanced forms of varicose veins, chronic venous insufficiency, and the skin discoloration and damage that accompanies it.
Do you currently experience any of the following?
- Leg pain, aching or cramping
- Burning or itching of the leg skin
- Leg or ankle swelling, especially at the end of the day
- “Heavy” feeling in the legs
- Varicose veins
- Skin discoloration or texture changes, such as above the inner ankle
- Open wounds or sores, such as above the inner ankle
- Restless legs
If yes, you should call Albuquerque Vein & Laser Institute to schedule a vein screening as soon as possible, especially if you have a family history of vein disease, your job requires that you stand much of the day, or you’ve received treatment for other vein problems. Call 505-848-VEIN to schedule your free vein screening.
* Source: American College of Phlebology