Why Dr. Cutchen?
- Board Certified — Dr. Robert Cutchen, MD, RVS, RVT, RPVI is Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and is a Diplomat of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine with years of experience in treating vascular disease and venous insufficiency.
- RVS, RVT, RPVI Certified — Dr. Cutchen is a Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS), a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT), and a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI). These credentials give him the skills and knowledge to perform vascular ultrasound in the diagnosis of vein disease and accurately interpret the test results in the determination of most optimal treatment protocol.
- Uses the newest, state-of-the-art, Thermalite 1470 Laser System — Dr. Cutchen uses the Thermalite 1470nm laser to perform Endovenous Laser Ablation yielding great results with the least pain of any laser system. This is performed by inserting a small laser fiber into the vein through a single tiny incision. Local anesthetic is then injected around the vein and the laser is then activated. This treatment closes varicose veins that were previously treated with vein stripping and is performed in the office in about 45 minutes. Patients immediately return to normal activity after treatment.
- Outpatient Procedures — All procedures are performed in the comforts of Dr. Cutchen’s Albuquerque vein office, with local anesthesia and minimal downtime. No hospitalization — no vein stripping!
- Membership Affiliations — Dr. Cutchen is a member of the American College of Phlebology, the Greater Albuquerque Medical Association and the New Mexico Medical Society.